Black Maxi Kelly

Monday, June 23, 2014


Hello guys! How is everyone enjoying the summer weather? This week is really exciting for me! First of all I'll be done working in a project I didn't really like and secondly and most importantly I'll be flying to Italy for a 4-day getaway!!  It'll be my first time visiting Italy and I can't wait!
But over to sewing now! This is my maxi Kelly skirt by Megan Nielsen patterns. Kelly was never in my list, simply because I didn't think this shape was suited for me. That was until I saw this amazing version of the skirt from Holly Dolly and I knew I had to make it. As you already know, I'm a sucker for maxi skirts! For this one I cut a size M, lengthened the pattern pieces, left slits on the sides and used gathering instead of pleats. 
I love this skirt! It's so unique and interesting and the perfect twist to the classic maxi skirt. I definitely want to make more of these! 

So how about you? Are you more of a maxi, midi or mini skirt lover?

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I love maxi skirt but also midi and mini... This one is great and I have to try to make the same at home ! You did a good job !
    Kiss from Paris
    Charlotte from Trip in my dressing

    ReplyDelete